The Aquablast 1215 wet blasting machine is designed by Vixen to harmoniously degrease and blast many sizes of components.
This machine is the next step up from the Aquablast 915.
The key to wetblasting is that the finish is produced through flow of water borne abrasive and not by impact. This creates a finer finish due to the lubrication and flushing action of the water during the blasting process.
Media impregnation into the component is avoided and the life of the blast media is extended.
How the Aquablast works:
- The water/media slurry is contained within the cabinet sump
- Delivery of the slurry to the hand- held nozzle is via a glandless polyurethane pump and associated hoses located inside the wet blasting machine
- Compressed air is added at the blast nozzle to accelerate the slurry onto the component and provide the finishing effect
- After contact with the component, the slurry then drains back into the sump creating a re-circulating system
- Fine and broken down media and other contaminants are fed via an overflow into a sedimentation filter located at the rear of the machine