Determine the maximum part size that you need to blast.
Keep in mind that the door opening size will play a part in determining the cabinet size.
What is the production requirement? Blast cabinets generally come in...
- Light duty (occasional use)
- Standard duty (3 – 6 hours of use daily)
- Heavy production (Full or multiple shift use)
You will never be happy if you under buy for your needs.
If the blast application warrants a dry blast machine, you must determine whether you need a suction machine or a direct pressure machine.
The difference in productivity is monumental. Direct pressure machines are considerable more expensive too.
If you need to...
- Remove heavy scale or paint
- Have a large surface area to clean
- Have to do this all quickly
- You likely need a direct pressure machine